Saturday, June 30, 2007

One of my favorite things about being a parent

One of my favorite things about being a parent is witnessing the wonder and awe of my kids as they experience things for the 1st time. DS #1 lost his 1st tooth yesterday and the PRICELESS look on his face this morning as he ran from his room with his note from the Tooth Fairy and his silver dollar is one I'll never forget. He was just glowing with excitement. I LOVE that. It makes me want to do so many things with my kids just so I can witness that look. I do not understand the people out there who think that telling your kids about Santa, the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy is lying to them and they don't "believe" in lying to their kids. I don't consider the latter lying, I consider it fostering a fantasy. It's fun to think that such magic exists in the world today and I'm so glad that I can be here to witness my kids as they experience that magic.

Here are a couple of pics of DS#1 and his missing tooth:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment: