Ahhhh New Years Eve. Another year gone and a fresh new start just over the horizon. Every year, like thousands of others, I make resolutions that I break sometimes only 48 hours later. I feel like I have a obligation to make them. I didn't make any last year, but this year, this year is a big year for me. I turn 40 this year. I've decided to take a hard look at everything in my life, re-evaluate things and prioritize for the new year. I'm actually looking forward to this daunting task. I'm excited to think that this reflection may take me in a whole new direction. Maybe some great uncharted territory that will finally answer some questions that I've had for a couple of years now. I've already decided that right now is not the time for me to be pursuing a nursing degree. I've pondered this for a while now and I'm at peace with my decision. Maybe things will be different in the future but for the here and now, I have some other issues that need my focus and attention. My husband asked me, "Will you pursue management in your field then?" I said that I was happy in my profession and that any changes, goals and growth will occur in my personal life, not professional.
Here is one resolution that I intend to focus on 1st: I WILL find a church that fits the needs of my family and start regularly attending.
One down, many to go!
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally need to do that too. We've been meaning to, but just can't find one that we like that's close, but mostly the former. Let me know how it goes for you. I need to find a church that doesn't freak me out, is relatively liberal, but not TOO liberal.
Post a Comment