Saturday, February 16, 2008

The "Honey's not doing it" list

So we all have the traditional "honey do list" don't we? I know that the list is like a Twinkie, it'll be here looooong after the human race is gone but honestly, I'm sick and friggen tired of NOTHING getting done around here. There are things that I need the husband to do. Sure, I could do it myself, but why the hell would I? Do I not do enough around here? Why must I do everything just to be sure it get's done, much less right or the way I want it. We have no plans this summer since the The Trailer Incident so there is plenty of time to get this house straightened up. I've had it up to my eyeballs with the 1/2 done projects too. I've asked that the tub get re-caulked for oh about 1 year now and to think that my DH was pissed off because my BFF came over and her and I re-did the bathroom 'cuz I'd been asking him to do it since 2004 when we moved in. Yah and the foyer floor still isn't done. Now I'm just decorating with the plywood look in mind because I'm thinking that what I see is what I get. It doesn't make me feel better that this lack of motivation is inbred in all men, I want that list gone or at the very least, one or two of the projects checked off. I also think it's BS that the moment I bring whatever up again, it's considered nagging. There are moments in my life where I just could punch my DH in the head and when he gets mad 'cuz I'm "nagging" him, I have one of those moments. Does it take a rocket scientist to figure out that if he just made a friggen effort I'd make like a tree and leave? Of course it doesn't.

Off to nag. Apparently it's what I do best.

No comments: