Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why yes, I would LOOOOOOVE some yummy cheese with this whine

You know what sucks about this diet/lifestyle change? The fact that not only do I give up some of the food that I love but now it's affecting the one thing left that gives me pleasure in the morning, my coffee.

When I quit smoking, I KNEW it was going to be hard to not have a cigarrette with my coffee. People told me to stop drinking coffee so it wouldn't be such a struggle and actually, my mom did in fact do this but I told people that I'd rather off myself than give up coffee AND smokes. How much could one person take??? I didn't give up coffee.

Present day. When Owen started getting up at the ass-crack of dawn, I began a whole new love affair with coffee. It was the one thing I looked forward to in the morning while desperately trying to wake up and function as my bright-eyed and bushy tailed youngest child was bouncing around the room with a never ending supply of energy. The key to a delicious cup of coffee is the cream in my opinion. I always bought the Land O Lakes Half and Half that Costco sold in a convenient 1/2 gallon carton. It was creamy and made an amazing cup of coffee when paired with Dunkin Donuts ground coffee. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. As with anything that tastes good, I discovered that the delicious cream that made my coffee juuuust right was also a HUGE source of fat. Dammit. Can't a girl get a freakin' break? I was "spending" a HUGE amount of points on freakin' coffee cream (I liked my coffee caucasion). I knew it had to go. I tried every fat free cream on the market and they all tasted like shit. It's like being addicted to whole milk, then suddenly having to drink skim. HUGE difference. What a sad, sad day for me and my lover, coffee. I'm sad because although I found that Land O Lakes makes a low fat cream, I still have to drive to BFE to get it and to be honest, it doesn't do it for me. It does it better than the fat-free shit, but not as good as the original.

I miss my coffee. Photobucket

No comments: