So I worked out with my personal trainer on Saturday morning. Usually I have a "no workout" policy if I'm working a stretch but this was the only day I could fit her in so I went a head and did it even though I worked nights all weekend.
Big shitty mistake.
Why don't I listen to myself? Ugh. so I'm sore as a mo-fo Sat. night which is BAD because I'm usually not sore until the next day so I knew I was in some trouble. Then I get into work and discover that we had a call in. GD. That means a double assignment for me. Just my luck that I was literally running right outta the gate. Oh and did I mention that Sat night was also the time change? Yah, I got to work 13 hours of misery instead of 12. Woot!
I get home and sleep like shit. Back to work I go. Now at least we have a full staff. We're busy again in the ER. Then, at like 230am, I hear Code Blue. Sonofabitch. So I get to do CPfriggenR on a 82 y/o who's deader than dead and puking poop (yes, I'm serious) outta her mouth allllllll over the friggen bead, floor, nurses and my lazy ass co-workers (not I said the fly. I have this uncanny ability to sense the eruption of Mount Puke Helen and I shoved the patients face away from me all the while doing some bad ass chest compressions while my pec's BURNED from the additional workout they were receiving on the cusp of the HELLACIOUS workout they already received on Sat....Whew!) Needless to say, the patient expired. A big Fuck You to the 12 or so people who stood around and watched while the nursing supervisor and I did compressions for 25 min. Thanks for volunteering to help you big lazy fat asses.
Karma bitches.
I'm hurting now. I locked my knees during the festivities and feel like I've been run over. I will stand by my motto NOT to work out on the eve of a stretch. Never again.
It could be worse though. I could be in the hospital morgue like Mrs. Patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment