Saturday, April 14, 2007

Da Boyz

Update on the boys for those of you who haven't been around lately (oh is that a burn?)

Luke turned 6 on April 3rd. Sigh, where does time go? My little man...6 years old.We thought this would be a good year to let Luke have a "friend" party. So we invited his whole class along with his little bro and 2 cousins and headed out to Bobby's Bouncers where we had an AWESOME time!!! What a GREAT place for the kids! The bounce things were clean and well cared for and they had video games, air hockey and a fooseball table for the kids to play with. It was worth every penny and the kids just LOVED it!
He's THRIVING in the young 5's program through the Livonia Public School system. We are so glad, sooooo glad that we decided to put him in that program vs. Kindergarten this year. What will kinda suck is that he'll now enter Kindergarten in the fall so I have yet ANOTHER year of 1/2 days. I'd give my 2nd born if my 1st born could go full days for Kindergarten.
Here are some pics from the party:
King Luke:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Luke and his school pal Anthony:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Luke and Dad down the slide:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Luke's "girlfriend" Grace:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Owen deep in thought as to what he could get into next:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Owen will be 3...yes 3 on May 7th. My baby...3 years old. I wonder if he realizes just how LUCKY he is to have made it this far LOL. Owen, Owen, Owen...such a precoscious little boy! Full of energy and talking like there's no tomorrow. He knows his colors, numbers and alphabet. The only thing he refuses to do is potty on the potty. I have yet to find the achilles heel that will secure our place amongst the potty trained. Luke's was marshmellows. Little one's when he peed, and big ones when he pooped. Owen could care less about food, toys and promises of Toys R Us trips. I wonder if I was this difficult to p/t? He's officially lost that baby look to his face (insert sad mommy face here) and is growing sooooo fast. I'm afraid to say that he'll surpass Luke in no time. He idolizes his big bro and wants to do EVERYTHING that Luke does. In fact, I've had to rescue him 3 times (it would have been 4 but he fell once) out of the "Lukie and Owen Tree" in our back yard because he climbs it like Luke but then cannot get down. He's a cuddler though and I'm thankful for that. We often snuggle on the couch in the EARLY (did I mention just HOW early that kid gets up?) morning hours before everyone else wakes, and we watch the news while Owen slugs down his 1st of many cups of milk that day. I do treasure those moments because I know they are fleeting.

Here are some random pics of O:

Sporting the Superbowl champs shirts that Uncle Rusty sent us from Indiana
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The cupcake vs. Owen:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Peek-a-boo:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: