Monday, May 21, 2007

Everyone's a poet

I seriously have to LMAO here and I hope I don't offend anyone (shit, who am I kidding?) but I find it hilarious that every time I mention that I'm taking Poetry this semester, I have people come out of the woodwork offering to "help" me because "they've been known to write some stuff" or "what a coinkydink! I write poetry!". Give me a break people. Just because you can write some rhyming words or had your heart broken at 16 and was able to spill your emo out on paper, doesn't a poet make. Just for the record, our higher educational system doesn't want to read your stuff any more than I do. What they DO want is you to KILL yourself trying to stay awake while reading pages upon pages of crap that doesn't rhyme and makes no sense. Then they want you to "discuss" what the author meant or was trying to get across. Thank God this stuff is subjective!

From one poet to another:

Here I sit broken hearted
Tried to read but can’t get started
Whitman, Yeats and Dickinson too
You may be famous but your stuff reads like poo
I hoped this semester was an easy one
But now I see I’ll be taking it up the bum
After last semester this is a kind of bummer
It won’t get better because I'm taking Philosophy this summer.