Monday, May 7, 2007

My biggest fear

Is someone abducting one of my kids. Some think I'm paranoid because I really don't like my kids going somewhere with anyone (I'm talking about friends and family here) without myself or DH because I'm scared to death that the person might look away for a moment and *poof* my kid will be gone either by his wandering off or by someone who takes him. Luke especially is way too trusting. He'd go with someone without the promise of a puppy or candy. It scares the shit outta me. I've tried talking to him, showing him videos dealing with the stranger danger thing and talking about scenarios all to no avail. I know he'd go with someone. I don't keep the windows open in the boys rooms all night because someone could come in. I did get DH to make some wood pieces that allow the window to be opened slightly but not enough for someone to come in. Think I'm over the top? I did too until I saw this:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13265831/detail.html

This little girl was asleep in her home, on her couch when this freak came in and took her. Thank GOD that she was rescued before he could hurt her. There are some serious FREAKS out there and shit like this just fuels my paranoia.

1 comment:

Heather said...

OMG me too! I won't even sleep with my windows open. They all have to be shut and locked.