So we hired a financial planner a couple of weeks ago to help us form a strategy and plan for retirement, college for the boys, and getting a budget in order to help with the latter. This company also forms a plan for paying off credit card debt and the like. They also reevaluate your insurance like auto and home, and happened to give us a pretty good discount. They required payment at that time to get the ball rolling and I told them that I didn't have my checkbook on me. We had to meet with them in 2 weeks for another meeting so I told them I could bring it then. They mentioned that I'd be losing out on savings if we waited essentially another month by the time all the paperwork was filed. They suggested we just put it on our charge card.
Huh?
I had to laugh to DH in the elevator because I found it ironic that the same firm that was helping us get OUT of debt, was actually wanting us to INCUR debt to secure a savings.
DH ended up taking a check back there. I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment