Saturday, February 2, 2008

An open letter to Le Creuset

Dear Le Creuset,

I'm writing to tell you just how irritated I am with my recent purchase. Let's begin by calling a spade a spade. Your product is ridiculously expensive. I also know that it's a product that people covet and spend countless hours scouring 2nd hand thrift stores, garage sales, antique sales and discount kitchen and bath stores. Friendships and families have been broken apart over this cookware. That being said, if we are willing to give up lifelong friendships and family ties over this stuff, then the LEAST you can do is purchase freakin' stickers that come off EAISLY and without residue. After spending a months salary on a pot, the last thing I expect is to spend 25 minutes of my precious time trying to get the damn UPC code sticker off the bottom of the pot. I know that if I don't take it off, it's going to scorch into my pot and every single time I wash said pot, I will curse your Le Creuset name for being so damn cheap as to not invest in pot-friendly stickers. I think it's completely unfair that the pot I fell in love with is now a source of contention because I can't get that damn sticker off.

Enough of us women have married cheap bastards, the last thing we want to do is buy a pot from one. Get your shit together and change those stickers.

No comments: