I have a locket with a picture of the Flying Monkeys on one side and my Mom, who's no longer with me, on the other. FM Uno asked tonite to open the locket and look at the pictures.
FM: "I bet you really miss your mom don't you? Especially since it's Christmas huh?"
Me: tearing up, I couldn't speak. I just nodded my head.
FM: "Aww mom, don't cry, come here."
He proceeds to give me a big hug while I blubber quietly into his shirt. He grabs FM Part duex and takes him into his room. About 10 minutes later, he comes out with a letter to Santa. He wants to make sure it gets put out with the cookies and milk so Santa will see it. I forget about the letter while we do things and start getting ready for bed. It's time to put the cookies and milk out and he produces the letter. Here is what it said:
FM: "Mom, I wanted to ask Santa to bring you a toy too. I know you're sad that your Mom isn't here and toys always make me feel better so maybe it'll make you feel better."
Speechless, I was speechless. How did I get so lucky?
Cherish your loved ones and have a beautiful Christmas.
3 comments:
What a great post! Thanks for sharing that. I hope you and your flying monkeys had a wonderful Christmas!
That's about as sweet as it gets!
Oh my, you are doing something right because that's one sweet little boy.
Post a Comment