I volunteered for our local Goodfellows this week sorting toys for the annual toy drive done for people having hardships in our area. What should have been a "feel good" morning turned into a "people really fucking suck" couple of hours.
This particular organization puts toy collection boxes out at various local organizations just like Toys for Tots. The boxes are then collected/emptied and brought to a place where wish lists are fulfilled for needy families. I was there with a friend to sort toys and help fill orders. What I found was filthy, nasty stuffed animals, broken toys, used toys missing pieces, cheap shitty dollar store China's best lead bombs (ie: toys) and CLEAR re gifts which would be OK except for the fact that it was OBVIOUS that the boxes were opened, rifled through and re-taped (shitty at that). I have one thing to say.....
What the fuck people? Seriously. A couple of those stuffed animals looked like they had dried vomit on them, another looked like it was a dog toy for at least a month before it's owner so graciously donated the shit sac to the local toy charity for children and the rest just absolutely filthy. Why would you even consider dropping those off in a box that CLEARLY stated "NEW TOYS ONLY". Would you want YOUR baby playing with that nasty ass shit? Pigs. Nasty Pigs. How 'bout those broken toys? Nice...really nice. Throw the shit out. Again I ask, would you want YOUR child to have someone else's broken shit?
I'm gonna go all out here and say this:
If all you can afford is some lead filled dollar store piece of shit toy, save your $1 and don't donate at all. No one wants that piece of shit toy.
Of course, the people that DID donate wonderful toys, bikes, games, dolls, clothes, food, etc. make up for these assholes. It's sad though, that what sticks out in my mind is the crap. Typical for me though. What would I blog about if I was all rainbows and sunshine?
I shudder to think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, that is awful. Just awful. I so don't get why people would donate total complete crap. But good for you for your volunteering...that's awesome! :)
Yep, people suck (but not you!).
Those are probably the same people who drove up in their Escalade to the donation box. Assholes!
Assholes. I have food basket handouts tomorrow and I'm waiting for the people who bitch at us every year because A. They didn't get their app in to us in time and that's somehow my fault, B. They never turned in an app, but they've been waiting longer (um, that's why we have applications), or C. because they're just assholes.
I love that we help people, but I hate dealing with the bitchy people and the scammers that we inevitably get.
Yep, people suck. When I worked at the bookstore we kept our TOT donation box behind the counter, so we could screen what went in. My sister is a Mgr. at Publix & they did an Angel Tree for Baptist Children's Home, & she & the rest of management spent all freaking night going through the stuff they got, sorting through all the nasty crap. It's ridiculous. Esp. in situations like hers, where you actually pick a kid. I don't even give dirty or broken shit to Goodwill, I sure wouldn't pass it off as a Xmas gift.
Post a Comment